Sep 28, 2009

Performance anxiety?

So, right after announcing I will be tracking my workouts here, I took an entire week off. Whaaaaa?

It was pretty much caused by the husbeetle going to another base to shoot for the week, and my schedule/attitude being shot to hell due to being home alone. But still, kind of interesting timing in terms of starting up the new blog.

In any case, I did a quick run on Saturday night (3.3 miles, 32 minutes) to get my body moving, and then was back in the gym at 8:30 this morning.

--
WOD:
Complete the following for time:
4 clean & jerks (155lbs/95)
4 power snatch (135lbs/85)
20 GHD sit ups
3 clean & jerks
3 power snatch
15 GHD sit ups
2 clean & jerks
2 power snatch
10 GHD sit ups
1 clean & jerk
1 power snatch
5 GHD sit ups

Results: 13:36 (95 C&J, 65 power snatch)

--
My biggest weakness right now is how out of breath I get. I have to rest and slow my breathing to be able to get the weight up. If I try a lift while I'm still huffing and puffing, I end up doing half the motion and then dumping the bar.

The power snatches were annoying. But that is the nature of the snatch. I much prefer one armed dumbbell snatches, I kick ass at those. The wide grip on the bar from the ground is just so damned awkward.

--
For cool down, we were supposed to work on something we suck at. I stuck with my usual routine of doing pull-ups. I'm kipping with the beige band right now. I've attempted to do an unassisted kipping pull-up, but no success yet. Maybe another month more.

Something I'd like to work on next, once I get pullups down, is band-assisted hand-stand pushups. This video takes a while to get to the band-assisted demo, but overall it has a ton of great info. I'm really weak on exercises that utilize the shoulder (overhead press, heavy push presses, overhead squats) and I think I would really benefit from working on the hand-stand pushups since they use those same muscles.

2 comments:

  1. HSPU is one of my weakest movements. And honestly, now I think it comes down to me being a baby. Hubble "assits" me by touching my feet. Yet, if he's not there, I don't touch my head to the ground. WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Bad ass on the C&J weight. I am a baby about those, too.

    ReplyDelete