Nov 30, 2009

Low-key Monday

Picked up a workout from CrossFit Champions for today. Husbeetle was off work, so we went to the Camp Swampy gym together.

Have I mentioned that I hate working out there? I feel like people are constantly staring at me, not to mention I can see them looking at me in the mirror. Plus, I hate the damn Gravitron.

And I can see myself in the mirror. My arms looked freaking huge. Ew. Back to my happy place tomorrow -- no mirrors, no staring, plus free-standing pullup bars. Excellent.

--
For time. Begin with jump rope, end with run, all the rest in any order.

300 Jump Rope (first)
30 Push Press (m:35s,f:25s)
30 Pull-ups
30 Sit-ups (ab-mat)
30 KB Swings (m:55lb,f:35lb)
30 Push-ups
30 1-Arm DB Snatch (m:30lb,f:20lb) (15 each arm)
Run 400 meters (last)
--
Did not do this for time, just did it to get it done. Did 45lb push press, no small bars at the base gym. And 25lb db snatch.

For the run, we went to the track and ran a mile. I was feeling super-pukey after the workout (most likely due to the Chik-Fil-A waffle fries I ate at lunchtime, bad decision) and the run really helped me feel better. It was a good time for me, 8:27 according to my Nike+. My last lap was awesome.

--
Wednesday I'll be getting a box with my 3 new resistance bands, plus two jump ropes for LT and I. Now we just need to get to work building our free-standing pullup bar so we can do more stuff at home. Once we have that, I'm definitely getting some rings.

1 comment:

  1. I know it sounds kind of ghetto but Daniel made his own rings. They turned out pretty awesome and were really easy to create. :)

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete