Oct 17, 2009

Filthy Fifty - DNF

*wham*

That was the sound of me hitting the floor during my workout yesterday, in the midst of a set of 50 walking lunges.

The coach took one look at me, and made me lay down on the ground with a cold bottle of water behind my neck. It seems my crappy diet (and resulting digestive mayhem) had come back to bite me in the butt -- I was definitely dehydrated. Instead of being bright pink, my face was pale. And I could feel my heart beating way too hard. Yuck.

I started back up at a slower pace after my rest, but unfortunately I had quite a bit of the WOD left to complete, and I ended up not finishing. But it's all good. I'm still glad that I made the effort to go to the gym on my way out of town. It's going to be a challenge to get any workouts in while I'm visiting my parents this weekend.

--
WOD: Filthy Fifty
  • 50 Box jump, 25/21 inch box
  • 50 Jumping pull-ups
  • 50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood/1/2pood
  • Walking Lunge, 50 steps
  • 50 Knees to elbows
  • 50 Push press, 45/35 pounds
  • 50 Back extensions
  • 50 Wall ball shots, 20/14 pound ball
  • 50 Burpees
  • 50 Double unders
Results: DNF

In other words -- Did Not Finish. Specifically, I stopped at about 35 wall balls, and the clock was pretty close to 40 minutes. Still a good workout, my legs (and especially calves) are sore today.

My setup: 21 inch box, 35lb KB, 35lb for push press, 14lb med ball

--
They posted a pic of me on the CFKoP site, and it's totally unflattering. But I have so few CF pics of myself that I'm posting it any way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment