Oct 27, 2009

Overhead strength

WOD:

push press -- 5-5-5-5-5

Metcon: 3 rounds for time:
  • 10 pull ups
  • 10 push ups
  • 150m sprint
Results:

push press -- 65 - 75 - 85 - 90 85 - 85
Metcon: 6:12 ??

--
My brain is gone, I have no idea what my time was for the metcon. I think just over 6 minutes? Or was it under 5? Whatever... Needed to run faster and do the pushups faster. I'm getting better on the pullups -- I did an unbroken set of 10 in the first round. My kip is coming along, though I'm back to using the blue band instead of the white. Based on a bunch of research I did, it is better for me to build up more shoulder strength before I really start kipping in earnest.

On the fourth set of push presses, I got 90 up once, and then dumped on rep 2. So I just went back to 85 and did two sets with that to finish. Though I think maybe I should've tried 90 again. I just didn't use enough butt when I dumped it -- it was on its way up, and I just couldn't straighten my arms. But I can at least bump my push press 1 rep PR up to 90, from 85. Woot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment