Mar 30, 2010

LAME-O

My performance on tonight's WOD was just freaking L-A-M-E.

I got done with lifeguard class, showered and drove over to the box right away, since yesterday I skipped the WOD after going home after class. But once I was there, I still didn't want to be there...

As a result, I totally took it easier on myself that I should have, broke up sets into smaller sets than I should have, rested more than I should have. Booooooo.

I guess the excuse is, "oh, you just spent 2 hours in the pool." But whatever. What is the point of showing up, if you're not really SHOWING UP?

--
"Barbara"
5 rounds for time:
20 pullups
30 pushups
40 situps
50 squats

Results:  47:05

Despite a crappy effort, I still finished as Rx'd, and as a result I can say I completed another benchmark WOD as prescribed (not sure why I left this one off my 1Q10 goal list?). That is the redeeming element of today.

3 comments:

  1. Barbara is a tough one! You should feel good about your effort after 2 hours in the pool really! But I guess the mental aspect of it, going in with the idea of taking it easy, that gets to you later. CF gets into your head like nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great effort esp. after all the time in the pool!! Are you training for a tri? Anyways, I'm right here with you. My "firebreathing" capacity is way down, and motivation even further. So I do wonder, do you show up, even if you don't SHOW UP? I pondered this in my "to WOD or not to WOD..." blog recently...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be too hard on yourself. Even when you think you didn't perform, those are the days to remind yourself that you're still doing something good for yourself. And the times that we crossfitters don't completely show up, we're still accomplishing and doing more than most people. Not everyone can be "on" all the time.

    ReplyDelete