Nov 9, 2009

Hotel room Crossfit, Monday morning Crossfit

Yes, you can even do CrossFit in a decent-sized hotel room!

I felt like a slug on Friday because I slept in and skipped my normal morning walk and 8:30am Crossfit. The workout looked really crazy, and I wanted to be able to walk in my high heels that night for the ball.

So when I found myself in my hotel room getting ready to take a shower and get ready, I decided to do a little quickie just to get the heart pumping and muscles moving.

WOD: 10-9-8-7-6... of:
  • squats
  • pushups
  • situps
Result: 7:21

Cooldown / Skill Work: Walking around in heels at the ball. :-p

--
This morning I was soooooo tired -- we didn't get home from our flight until nearly 1am. And then after my morning walk I had some digestive issues from all the crap that I ate this weekend. Which is why I was such a wuss on the strength part of the workout.

WOD:

Strength: back squat 4-4-4-4-4

Metcon: AMRAP in 10 min
  • 12 power snatch (75lbs/45)
  • 10 push ups
Results:

Back squat: 45-55-65-75-85
Metcon: 5 rounds

--
Obviously I didn't do much with the back squats. I got some better coaching on how to hold the bar than last time, though, and also took off my shoes to improve my heel contact with the ground. I'll go heavier next time.

I think I need to take kd's advice and subscribe to the journal. I need help on squats. When I do heavy loads with the upper body, or with Olympic lifts, I can get into it. But when I squat heavy loads, I feel like I don't know where to concentrate the power, if that makes sense.

The metcon was decent... my heartrate didn't get all that high, even though I kept a pretty steady pace the whole 10 minutes. But my quads were freakin' burning. I think I'm gonna have sore legs tomorrow.

We did knees to elbows for our cooldown, and I was amazed to find out that I can nearly do an actual, honest-to-goodness K2E! Yowzers! I am amazed at how strong my abs and back have gotten in the last 2 months of CrossFitting. Time to get my ass on the track on base and time a mile run...

1 comment:

  1. The giveaway subscription you won is still good til Feb or March!! :)

    We did the 20 min version of that metcon after doing the pull-up ladder WOD (1st min 1 pull-up, etc) and we were freaking dead after that. We went to bed at 9:30 and both slept like death.

    Our choices for today are: Run 5k, The 50, or Cindy/Mary...toughie

    ReplyDelete