Nov 1, 2009

Sunday sweat in the garage

Warm-up -- light jog around the neighborhood.

WOD (from main site 091031)

For time:
25 Squats
25 Push-ups
25 Pull-ups
25 Sit-ups
50 Squats
50 Push-ups
50 Pull-ups
50 Sit-ups
75 Squats
75 Push-ups
75 Pull-ups
75 Sit-ups
--
Husband picked this one for our at-home Sunday afternoon workout. He wasn't feeling well, threw up after his jog, did his first set of squats and pushups, and then yacked again and was down for the count. I tended to him between sets / during rests, so I didn't record my time for this one. I also had to skip my final set up 75 pullups because he was laying in the hallway where my pullup bar was set up. He's better, just resting now. His stomach has issues with exercise sometimes.

The squats felt better and better as I went on. Makes me think I need to do a lot more air squats in my day-to-day workouts. Now that my arms / upper body has gotten to a decent point in strength, it's time to really challenge myself and get super sore in upper and lower body.

The pushups were a little less horrible than I was expecting. My practice is starting to pay off. Gotta keep at it on my knees and get back to doing them on my toes soon.

I subbed jumping pullups as I don't have any bands at home. But we are talking about building a free-standing pullup bar soon, so hopefully my home gym will be expanding in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment