Mar 25, 2011

CrossFit Games Open Sectionals 11.1

I finally did this workout on Friday. The day after I swung the 24kg kettlebell 85 times, plus some other kb fun.

Probably not my best idea...

Results: 2 rounds + 26 DUs


In short, I blew it on the double unders. I did the snatches all 15 in a row both rounds, no problem at all. First round of DUs was pretty smooth -- and why not, they're easy when you're fresh. Starting the 2nd round, I spent minutes doing single DUs, and missing tons of DU attempts. It was as if I regressed back to a time when I couldn't do DUs at all. OMG!

If I can find another coach at my box to judge me, I will attempt a redo on Sunday. I have a mud run to do on Saturday, so hopefully I'm not in the same boat again -- trying to do the WOD while super-sore from the day prior...

Even if I don't get a new score for the "official" CF Games, I will do this again, and DO BETTER!

1 comment:

  1. Fortunately you have a LOT of other strengths. There are 5 more WODs to do, and you'll do well. It will be interesting to see scores rise and fall based on our strengths and weaknesses.

    I was really put out with myself both times I did this WOD for not being able to do me snatches in a row...but my almost 48 year old lungs just were wanting more AIR!

    ReplyDelete