May 8, 2011

Valley Forge Park loop

I'm visiting family up north, and went running with the husband on my favorite trail at Valley Forge National Park. I used to do it weekly when I lived in the area -- great scenery, and killer hills!

The loop is about 5.5 miles, and I ran it in 51:49.

That's a pace of 9:25 minutes / mile.

Woot! One long run per week is really making a difference. I'm hoping it will get my pace down below 9 minutes per mile.

I don't think I've mentioned it here before, but I'm running the Marine Corps Marathon in October. To help me train, I'm doing a Jeff Galloway training program this summer and fall -- one of my new CrossFit athletes is a Galloway coach, and swears by it. I think it's a great plan to go into the marathon feeling confident about finishing, and from what I've read, it's also good at preventing / reducing running injuries.

1 comment:

  1. That route is pretty awesome, but can get crowded, and hot. My favorite route in the park is a trail run loop that goes over mt joy and then back mt misery. It's only about 3 miles, but usually take me 15 minutes due to the elevation. Check it out!
    http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/33826474

    If you ever want a running partner for this, let me know. I live 10 minutes from here.

    ReplyDelete