May 19, 2010

Altered Eva

Yesterday I decided I'm definitely buying a kettlebell. So this morning I was looking through my posts labeled with "kb swings", and decided that it would be cool to do a modified version of "Eva" as my first WOD with it.

My dad was looking for a putter, and found me a 45# kettlebell for a great price at a local discount/used sporting goods store, Play It Again Sports. Love that place! I'm pumped they actually had kb's in stock, so I could support a local business instead of sending my money to D*ck's or another big-box store.

Tonight I hit the store, bought the bell, and headed to the track to take on my WOD!
"Altered Eva"
5 rounds:
800m run
30 kb swings
30 pushups

Results: I have no idea what my time was, because I was using the stopwatch on my iPod and the battery went dead during the run in the 2nd round. Oh well!

Honestly, I have eaten so horribly the last few days, and also earlier today, that it was all I could to do the finish the WOD, let alone achieve any kind of reasonable finish time. I think it took me about an hour. There was lots of resting, spitting, burping and leaning over feeling pukey. Gotta love it... :-X

But, on the bright side, I finished all 5 rounds even though I really wanted to quit early. I swung my 45# bell in sets of 20 and 10 for all the rounds. And I swung it 150 times total! Also, I got several sets of 10 consecutive pushups. There's a tiny glimmer of pride to be gleaned from today. :)

It feels good to be so sore and tired that all I want to do is lay on the couch and drink water. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment