May 7, 2010

Cindy and Diane

I meant to blog yesterday, but just didn't get around to it.

On Thursday we did Cindy.
"Cindy"
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
5 pullups
10 pushups
15 squats
Results: 7 rounds + 5 pullups

I think I did one set of 2 pullups. The rest were singles. And despite my practice session on Tuesday where I kipped over the bar, probably only 20% of the pullups I did for Cindy were "one pull". The rest were those really slow, tortured, double-pull trainwrecks.

Back in early March I did a partner version of Cindy, and did 5 or 6 rounds where I did all 5 pullups in a row. Depressing.

Though I guess I should remind myself that I had to first progress in order to regress... And maybe I'm learning something that will help me coach others through this kind of thing...

If anyone puts 7 rounds up on our PR board, I'm going to erase it. It's fucking embarrassing...

--
Today's WOD was Diane.

"Diane"
21-15-9
Deadlift (225/145)
Handstand pushups
Results: 20:22





Did HSPU with 2 AbMats. That feels a little shallow, even though I go to failure so quickly. It will be time to drop down to 1 mat soon.

I am really proud of how far I've come with handstands. I can kick up into one with no problem now, and it definitely used to be a skill where I was a total disaster. I'd like to learn how to kip, because I think I would need that in order to get my head to the ground, or to do them on plates or paralettes like in competition.

I considered doing 155 deadlifts, but could barely do 145, so I left it alone. My back tightened up a tiny bit on these -- my form wasn't as good as it could have been. And my deadlift return is still a total trainwreck. At least the setup seems to be solid now, and the pull.

--
Video from CrossFit Portland. I feel like I've put this one in a post before, but it's all good, cause it's worth watching again.


A tribute to women of CrossFit Portland from CrossFit Portland on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, a video of a girl getting a MU just made me cry!

    I know you're struggling right now...so am I, buddy. Hang in there--we'll get through this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pull up issues are just a temporary set-back, but you know that. Keep after it. I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete