Feb 14, 2010

Living room workout

Today I went back to my vacation standby, "Annie", to get my workout in. Plus I have been wanting to do that WOD ever since I had my double under breakthrough.
"Annie"
50-40-30-20-10
double unders
situps
Results:  15:10

Holy PR batman! What a relief to finally be able to do double unders and not suck at this WOD. I'm excited. :-D

I do have to say I got stuck at 40 on my first set. It was ridiculous. I missed like 10 attempts. But later in the WOD I did 10 in a row, and at one point I did more than 10 consecutively, though I'm not sure exactly how many it was, maybe 12 or 13.

So I have officially completed that item from my 1Q 2010 goals! Woot! :-D

--
After "Annie" I walked the dog, then did tabata squats. I did slightly better than I did last time.

01/22/10: 17-15-14-12-13-13-14-13 -- 111
02/14/10: 17-17-15-16-14-15-13-13 -- 120

As a prep for my L1 cert, I'm going to start doing tabata squats at least weekly. And I think I might switch to doing them bottom-to-bottom. The one thing everybody says about the certification seminar is how long you have to hold in the bottom of your squat. So I might as well practice that ahead of time.

--
Some links.

Steph's testimonial on the CF KoP site.

Why almond flour? from Elena's Pantry.
This article has some great facts about the benefits of eating almonds, as well as helpful tips about baking with almond flour. For example, did you know that an almond is actually the seed of a fruit, and not a nut at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment