Jan 12, 2010

OHS, BJ and HSPU

Box jumps isn't usually abbreviated, but I couldn't resist the 3 acronym title. :)

--
Strength: Overhead squat 12-10-8-6-4-2 working sets

Load: 45-55-60-65-70-75

Also did a 1RM of 80# after that. Looks like another 1Q10 goal needs to be evaluated. I set my OHS goal at 85#, and I'm only 5 pounds from reaching that. I'm thinking 100# for the reset.

--
Metcon: For time, 21-15-9
  • Box jumps
  • Handstand pushups
Results: 9:4?? -- 24in box, green-blue HSPU harness

I liked using the harness, but my finish time was twice as long as everyone else. So typical me. heh

On the set of 21 HSPU, I lost is after 18, and did the last 3 with my feet over a bar on a squat rack. I'm anxious to work on these, though, because at the start of the first two sets I did around 10 in a row, which rocked.

Bad aspect of the harness -- I scraped both of my legs up on the giant box I was using to help myself get into the harness. Well, I scraped when falling out of the harness as my arms were buckling. heh. Definitely need to ask my coaches if we can get some pullup bars against the wall, walking feet up the wall is def the best way to get in and out of the HSPS harness.

No comments:

Post a Comment